Friday 3 October 2014

IMATS London 2014

During the summer before commencing university I was fortunate enough to go to IMATS London, this was the first time I had ever been to a globally travelling makeup tradeshow and the experience was eye opening and inspiring. Not only were there fantastic deals from companies such as MAC, Kryolan and Inglot but also exhibitions and live makeup applications. 
IMATS around 30 minutes after opening

IMATS an hour after opening, the crowds had already doubled in size
 Moving around the Olympia hall I became fascinated with body painting and airbrushing, the detail of the makeup especially on the model (below left) was so beautifully blended and soft that it actually appeared like her skin tone. The detail of the makeup was so fine but applied so effortlessly and at such speed that it inspired me to included body painting as a skill to develop within my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment