Saturday 4 October 2014

Introduction to Project Brief

Charlotte Logue, 19, first year BA Hons Makeup and Hair Design student at Southampton Solent.

Coming from an academic background my knowledge of makeup artistry is small and I only obtain minimal experience with using cosmetics, this evolves mostly applying makeup to the male face due to my fine art projects focusing on gender identity and drag and obviously my own daily makeup application. Due to my minimal experience I am looking forward to the challenge of learning new skills and finding what areas of makeup design interest me most. I do feel that my previous experiences with both sculptural design and fine art will benefit me in learning the skills required for makeup however I look forward to the challenges that lie ahead within establishing myself as a makeup artist. Historically, my knowledge of the Elizabethan era is rather well developed due to my previous A level studies in English literature and History. A large proportion of my knowledge surrounding this period of time lies mostly within the theatres, the ingredients and dangers of the cosmetics used within that time, the fall of Catholicism and Mary I, the development into the Jacobean period and why Elizabeth's reign remains today an iconic statement of the independent power of women.

From the brief I am hoping to challenge myself both mentally and physically to think outside of the box and push myself from my comfort zone. Due to my lack of experience I am concerned with the idea that my makeup skills will be inadequate of what I hope to achieve, however as I am a determined and focused individual I look forward to pushing myself to work harder to achieve the high standards that I set myself. None the less I look forward to collaborating my historical and fine art knowledge with new makeup skills to produce a unique interpretation of Elizabethan beauty. I also look forward to challenging myself into working with new media and thinking outside the conventional to produce a final piece that I feel is satisfactory in its response to the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment