Monday 20 October 2014

Purple Monochrome Face Chart

Part of our colour theory work was to create a monochrome face chart. I chose to create a look featuring the colour purple and as a result had produced a rather dramatic look featuring a defined purple liner and bold lip. For some reason my face charts always end up with a moody expression and  I feel this may have been influenced by the choice of colour within this design, however in future I will attempt to produce a face chart with a more neutral expression. To create the look we had a amount of time that was roughly 40 minutes, twice the allowance of any catwalk look. At first I thought that this would give me loads of time to produce my look however this did not work out and I quickly realised I spend far to much time on base application. Because I was unfortunately only able to complete the base, light contour and eye makeup within the set time I as as a result rather disappointed in myself because of this. As a result of my bad timing the look was a far softer beauty compared to the more dramatic makeup that I had intended. From this I have learnt that I need to not only work on my face charts but also my timing, in particular practising the speed of my makeup application and being less afraid with my strength of colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment