Saturday 29 November 2014

Assessment - Evaluation of My Final Design (B) - MUA Grace Donnelly (A)

Grade Given - B2
The overall assessment I feel went well and Grace carried out the makeup application sufficiently to my design. Grace arrived promptly with all the makeup products required to create my design including the white acrylic paint which I had supplied her previously and as a result of our practices appeared calm and ready to carry out the assessment. The application of the base makeup was a crucial element to my design and the skin needed to be as flawless as possible as the main focus of the design is on a clean, fair complexion and this was an element that was carried out especially well by Grace. The application of the white acrylic paint was also another element that was effective in my final design and her attention paid to covering the back of the neck and ears gave the makeup a polished finish. Although I was pleased with the final makeup application there were elements that despite our practises could be improved. I felt that Grace could have been slightly bolder with the use of the purple contour particularly around the temples which on my design were blended out further down the forehead. This was something we had struggled with within our practises as I feel Grace may have been slightly worried about overdoing the contour. Regardless the overall look was well executed and her undertaking of my instructions, dedication to practise and participation made for an accurate final design, only her skills of application would need improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment