Sunday 2 November 2014

Still Life - Candle

As part of our development of our drawing skills we were asked to produce a still life drawing of our choice, as a slight candle hoarder I chose to draw a church candle. As this is a cylinder shape it meant that I had to include a fair amount of shading that gradients across the curved front of the candle, because my candle was sat on a shelf at the time of drawing it meant that the top section of the candle that formed the point was darker than the main body as the light hit different areas of the surface dependant upon positioning. I do not feel that this drawing was particularly successful as the you can still see the outlines on the paler side of the candle therefore I need to improve how I show paler elements within a drawing without leaving a harsh line. That being said I do like the top section of the candle and feel I did a better job and showing the shadow and light across the pyramid shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment